2020 Updates – NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series
When Grant Enfinger takes the green flag at Daytona International Speedway on Friday, February 14, it will have been 90 days since his No. 98 Ford F-150 was last on the race track. In that three-month time span there has been quite a few changes to the series and some updates from our driver and team and we’re here to get you up to speed…
• What’s In A Name… A new series name and logo were revealed. The series will now be referred to the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series.
• A revamped series schedule is in store for the Gander Trucks in 2020. Some notable changes? The series will only visit Martinsville Speedway once, in the fall (October 30), the series will head back to Richmond Raceway for the first time since 2005 and the Truck Series will end their season at Phoenix Raceway (formerly ISM Raceway) instead of Homestead-Miami Speedway, which was moved to the fourth race of the season, on March 20. For the complete schedule visit: http://bit.ly/2020NGROTSschedule
• New Pit Stop Rules… There are new pit stop rules for select Gander Trucks races at three tracks this season; Iowa Speedway (June 12), World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway (Aug. 21) and Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Sept. 6). In these events, team rosters will not have designated pit crew members. Each team will have a maximum of eight road crew members at these races who will also perform over-the-wall duties during pit stops – four to service the truck (tires, jack), one fueler and one for driver assistance. Teams cannot gain or lose positions based on the speed of pit service in these races. For the complete story visit: nas.cr/39NSAcf
• Playoff Field Expands… NASCAR expanded the Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series Playoff field from eight drivers to 10. The Gander Trucks postseason schedule will remain at seven races and three rounds but the expansion will alter the elimination format that pares drivers from championship eligibility. The structure will now feature:
• Three races in the Round of 10, after which two drivers will be eliminated.
• Three races in the Round of 8, after which four drivers will be eliminated.
• The Championship 4 finale, which will determine the series champion Nov. 6 at Phoenix Raceway.
• “The Trip” Returns in 2020… The Triple Truck Challenge for the Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series will return for 2020 but with a new schedule; Richmond Raceway (April 18), Dover International Speedway (May 1) and Charlotte Motor Speedway (May 15).
• The pole award gets a new title sponsor… Cometic Gasket, Inc. will sponsor the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series pole award, which will be awarded to the driver with the fastest qualifying time each week.
• ThorSport Racing will celebrate their Silver Anniversary in 2020… ThorSport Racing will celebrate its 25th Anniversary in the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series in 2020. Since its inception, the Sandusky, OH-based team has tallied four driver championships, one in the ARCA Menards Series and three in the Gander Truck Series, three Rookie of the Year titles, 30 wins, 253 top-five, 533 top-10’s and 33 pole awards.
• Champion Power Equipment returns as primary partner of Grant Enfinger at ThorSport Racing… For the seventh consecutive season, Champion Power Equipment will partner with Grant Enfinger and ThorSport Racing. Champion Power Equipment, the market leader in power generation equipment, will adorn the No. 98 Ford F-150 of Enfinger for 10 races this season at Daytona International Speedway (Feb.), Texas Motor Speedway (March), Richmond Raceway (April), Kansas Speedway (May), Iowa Speedway (June), Chicagoland Speedway (June), Eldora Speedway (July), Michigan International Speedway (Aug.), Talladega Superspeedway (Oct.) and Martinsville Speedway (Oct.).
• Mike Curb/Curb Records… 2020 will be the 12th full-time season owning/sponsoring the No. 98 at ThorSport Racing and their fourth consecutive season with Grant Enfinger.
About Champion Power Equipment:
Since 2003 Champion Power Equipment has earned a reputation for designing and producing the market’s finest power equipment. From our original headquarters in Santa Fe Springs, California, Champion has expanded its North American footprint to include facilities in Jackson Tennessee, Milwaukee Wisconsin and Toronto Canada. Today Champion’s product line has expanded to include portable generators, home standby generators, inverter generators, engines, winches and log splitters. With over 2.5 million generators sold in North America, Champion is a market leader in the power equipment field. For more information visit: ChampionPowerEquipment.com.
About Curb Records:
Curb Records is one of the world’s leading independent music companies. Owned and operated under The Curb Group by Mike Curb since 1962, Curb Records has achieved 433 number one records, over 1,500 hundred Top Ten records and charted over 4,500 total records. Today’s roster includes some of the top names in Country, Christian and Pop/Rock music. Curb Records has produced over 100 Billboard awards and achievements and was recently honored as the 2015 Mediabase Gold Label of the Year. For more information visit: Curb.com.
About ThorSport Racing:
In it’s 25th season of competition, ThorSport Racing, based in Sandusky, Ohio, is the longest-tenured NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series team, competing in the series since 1996.
Blackstone Management Partners | BSMPartners.com
Contact: Jessica O’Brien