Event Preview | 2018 Gateway Speedway
Catch the Action
Eaton 200 presented by CK Power: Saturday, June 23 | 8:30 p.m. ET | FOX Sports 1 (FS1) | Motor Racing Network (MRN) | SiriusXM NASCAR Channel 90
Race 10 of 23: Gateway Motorsports Park
Track Length / Type: 1.25-mile oval
Race Distance: 160 laps I 200 miles
Format: Three Stages (Stage 1: 35 laps, Stage 2: 35 laps, Final Stage: 130 laps, ending at Lap 200)
ThorSport Racing at Gateway Motorsports Park
ThorSport Racing has made 34 starts at Gateway Motorsports Park with 14 different drivers (Ben Rhodes, Cameron Hayley, Cody Coughlin, Grant Enfinger, Jeb Burton, Johnny Sauter, Kerry Earnhardt, Matt Crafton, Paul White, Rico Abreu, Shelby Howard, Terry Cook, Tracy Hines and Willie Allen) since 1998. The Sandusky, Ohio-based team’s success includes 84 laps led en route to one pole (Ben Rhodes, 2016), nine top-five and 16 top-10 finishes.
Ford Fact – Gateway Motorsports Park
Saturday’s Eaton 200 presented by CK Power is one of 15 different racing venues on the 2018, 23-race NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule, that Ford-powered F-150’s have found victory lane. In 17 races at Gateway, Ford Performance is credited with two wins (Greg Biffle, 1999 and Terry Cook, 2002), and five pole awards (Greg Biffle, 1998 and 2000, David Ragan, 2006, Colin Braun, 2009, and Chase Briscoe, 2017).
Join the Conversation
Use #VillaEaton200 to join the conversation on social media, and be sure to follow and tag ThorSport Racing on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to share in the weekend’s excitement.
About ThorSport Racing
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Driver Point Standings: 5th
Owner Point Standings: 7th
Spotter: David Pepper
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Ford F-150… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 43 for Saturday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Eaton 200 presented by CK Power at Gateway Motorsports Park. This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted to a fourth-place finish at Martinsville Speedway earlier this year. Additionally, Enfinger scored two top-five finishes with chassis No. 43 at Gateway (5th), and New Hampshire Motor Speedway (fourth), in 2017.
- “Show Me State” Stats… The ThorSport Racing driver made his track debut at Gateway in 2017. Enfinger started 14th and finished fifth.
- Race Rewind – Iowa… The Champion Power Equipmentdriver started 15th, overcoming an early incident in the M&M’s 200 to finish 11th at Iowa Speedway.
- 2018 Stats… In nine starts this season, Enfinger has led 13 laps en route to three top-five, and six top-10 finishes. The ThorSport Racing driver has a season-best start of third (Martinsville), and three season-best finishes of fourth (Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Martinsville Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway).
- Truck Series Stats… Enfinger has 46 career NCWTS starts to his credit. His success includes 104 laps led en route to one pole (Daytona, 2016), one win (Talladega, 2016), 14 top-five and 26 top-10 finishes.
- Catch Grant at Gateway… Enfinger will join fellow ThorSport Racing teammates, and other NCWTS drivers, for a series autograph session, Saturday, June 23, from 3 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. CT, located under the grandstands, behind the start/finish line, at Gateway.
- About Champion Power Equipment… Champion Power Equipment is a market leader in power generation equipment. Champion has years of experience providing dependable and durable power products designed and engineered in the U.S. for the North American and world markets. For home, work or play, Champion products are the standard of performance excellence. We make the power that makes your life easier. For more information visit, ChampionPowerEquipment.com.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
“With the repave, it’s going to be fast, and I don’t anticipate the tires dropping off very much. Last year was the first time I raced Gateway, but it’s definitely a track that I’m really looking forward to getting back to. Turns 1 and 2 are pretty high braking, and tight corners. Turns 3 and 4 are flat and wide sweeping. This makes it fun, challenging, and a great track for the Trucks.”
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford cards, trucks, SUVs, electrified vehicles an Lincoln luxury vehicles, provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions. Ford employs approximately 203,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit corporate.ford.com.
About ThorSport Racing
Entering its 23rd season of competition, ThorSport Racing, based in Sandusky, Ohio, is the longest-tenured NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team, competing in the series since 1996. With 1,017 starts to its credit, the team has amassed three driver championships, 26 wins, 199 top-five and 420 top-10 finishes, 22 pole awards and 4,121 laps led in NCWTS and the ARCA Racing Series.