Grant Enfinger – 2017 Homestead-Miami Speedway Preview
Driver Point Standings: 11th
Owner Point Standings: 13th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
• This Week’s No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Toyota Tundra… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 44 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS). This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted to a third, and seventh-place finish, earlier this season at Texas Motor Speedway.
• Miami Minute… Enfinger made his HMS debut in 2016. The Champion Power Equipment driver started 23rd, and finished 23rd.
• Sunoco Rookie Update… The ThorSport Racing driver is currently second in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle, a mere four points behind Chase Briscoe.
• Season Update… In 22 starts this season, Enfinger has led 41 laps en route to nine top-five, and 14 top-10 finishes, with a season-best start of fifth (Texas Motor Speedway), and a season-best finish of third (Texas Motor Speedway, and Gateway Motorsports Park).
• Truck Series Stats… In 36 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole (Daytona, 2016), and has led 91 laps en route to one win (Talladega, 2016), 11 top-five, and 19 top-10 finishes.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
“I’m looking forward to ending the season on a high note with Champion Power Equipment at Homestead, Friday night. The tires wear very quickly there, combined with the progressive banking – it makes for a really fun track. We haven’t run to our potential the last few weeks, but everyone is focused on rebounding for our last race of the season.
Catch the action…
Friday, November 17: (All times Eastern)
8:30-9:25am – Practice 1 (FOX Sports 1)
10:00-10:55am – Practice 2 (FOX Sports 1)
3:30pm – Qualifying (FOX Sports 1)
7:30pm – NCWTS Setup Show (FOX Sports 1)
8:00pm – Ford Eco-Boost 200 (FOX Sports 1 & MRN Radio)
Stage 1 – 40 Laps (Concludes at lap 40)
Stage 2 – 40 Laps (Concludes at lap 80)
Stage 3 – 54 Laps (Concludes at lap 134)
A Major Milestone… Friday night’s season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway marks a special milestone for ThorSport Racing. The Sandusky, Ohio based team will make it’s 500th NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start – ThorSport Racing has fielded at least one or more trucks in 500 NCWTS events, dating back to 1996.
Let’s Go Places…Toyota has eight NCWTS wins in 21 races at Homestead-Miami Speedway in the NCWTS, including wins in the last four races at the 1.5-mile track.
Edgehill Management Group
Director of Public Relations, ThorSport Racing