Grant Enfinger 2017 Phoenix International Raceway Preview
Driver Point Standings: 10th
Owner Point Standings: 12th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
• This Week’s No. 98 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 55 for Friday night’s Lucas Oil 150 at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR).This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted to one top-five and two top-10 finishes earlier this season at Atlanta Motor Speedway (8th), Charlotte Motor Speedway (7th), Pocono Raceway (13th), and Bristol Motor Speedway (4th).
• Phoenix Profile… Although Enfinger will be making his 36th career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start on Friday night, the Jive Communications driver will make his track debut at PIR.
• Sunoco Rookie Update… The ThorSport Racing driver currently leads the charge in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings, by four points over second-place Chase Briscoe.
• Season Update… In 21 starts this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 41 laps en route to nine top-five, and 14 top-10 finishes, with a season-best start of fifth (Texas Motor Speedway), and a season-best finish of third (Texas Motor Speedway, and Gateway Motorsports Park).
• Truck Series Stats… In 35 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole (Daytona, 2016), and has led 91 laps en route to one win (Talladega, 2016), 11 top-five, and 19 top-10 finishes.
• Catch Grant at Phoenix… Enfinger will join his ThorSport Racing teammates for an autograph session on Friday, Nov. 10 from 1:00-1:45pm MST in the Fan Midway (next to the Busch Garage) at PIR. The session is first-come, first-serve.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
You’re closing in on the end of your rookie campaign. How would you Grade your first full-time season in the Truck Series?
“I’d say overall, for a rookie season, I would grade us a B at this point. We’ve been a consistent truck, and have had a lot of good finishes. However, we haven’t won a race yet, and we really haven’t contended for wins on a regular basis. I’m proud of the effort everyone has put into this year, and we still have two shots to get to victory lane, with the first one being Phoenix on Friday night, and I’m really looking forward to it. Phoenix is a place I’ve been wanting to race at for a long time.”
Catch the action…
Friday, November 10: (All times Eastern)
11:00am – Final Practice (FOX Sports 2)
5:30pm – Qualifying (FOX Sports 1)
8:00pm – NCWTS Setup Show (FOX Sports 1)
8:30pm – Lucas Oil 150 (FOX Sports 1)
Stage 1 – 40 Laps (Concludes at lap 40)
Stage 2 – 40 Laps (Concludes at lap 80)
Stage 3 – 70 Laps (Concludes at lap 150)
Cast Your Vote… We need your help to determine who will be the 2017 Most Popular Driver in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. You can cast your vote at www.nascar.com/mostpopulardriver once a day, every day, until November 16.
Edgehill Management Group
Director of Public Relations, ThorSport Racing