GRANT ENFINGER – 2017 TALLADEGA PREVIEW
Driver Point Standings: 10th
Owner Point Standings: 12th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
• This Week’s No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Toyota Tundra... The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 60 for Saturday’s fred’s 250 at Talladega Superspeedway. This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted to a 16th-place finish at Daytona International Speedway, earlier this season.
• Hometown Hero… Fairhope, AL native, and loyal Alabama “Roll Tide” football fan, Grant Enfinger, heads home to Talladega Superspeedway for Saturday’s fred’s 250. Just one year ago, the ThorSport Racing driver scored his career first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) win at the Alabama track, after leading 45 laps.
• Talladega Stats… Enfinger has three NCWTS starts at the 2.66-mile Talladega Superspeedway, since 2010. Included in his success is 45 laps led, and one win (2016). The Champion Power Equipment driver has a track-best start of second (2016).
• Sunoco Rookie Update… The ThorSport Racing driver is currently tied with Chase Briscoe in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings, after 18 of 23 races this season.
• Season Update… In 18 starts this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 23 laps en route to eight top-five, and 12 top-10 finishes, with a season-best start of fifth (Texas Motor Speedway), and a season-best finish of third (Texas Motor Speedway, and Gateway Motorsports Park).
• Truck Series Stats… In 32 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole (Daytona, 2016), and has led 73 laps en route to one win (Talladega, 2016), 10 top-five, and 17 top-10 finishes.
• Catch Grant at Talladega… Enfinger will join his ThorSport Racing teammates for an autograph session on Friday, October 13 from 3:00-3:45pm CT at the Legends Hospitality Village at Talladega Superspeedway.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
You are the defending race winner at Talladega. What did it mean for you to get your first NASCAR win at your home track?
“It was a huge win for us last year at Talladega. First truck win, and at my home track, with a lot of friends and family there, making it extra special.”
What are the keys to getting around Talladega Superspeedway, and do you think you can repeat this year?
“The most important part of racing at Talladega is staying out of trouble, and having a truck that can suck up and maneuver good. We can definitely repeat this year. I feel good about the truck Jeff (Hensley, crew chief), and the guys have put together. So, hopefully we will unload good, and be there at the end.”
Catch the action…
Friday, October 13: (All times Eastern)
Practice – 12:00pm (FOX Sports 1)
Final Practice – 2:00pm (FOX Sports 1)
Saturday, October 14:
10:30am – Qualifying (FOX Sports 1)
12:30pm – NCWTS Setup Show (FOX)
1:00pm – fred’s 250 (FOX)
Stage 1 – 20 Laps (Concludes at lap 20)
Stage 2 – 20 Laps (Concludes at lap 40)
Stage 3 – 54 Laps (Concludes at lap 94)
Cast Your Vote… We need your help to determine who will be the 2017 Most Popular Driver in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. You can cast your vote at www.nascar.com/mostpopulardriver once a day, every day, until November 16.
About ThorSport Racing:
ThorSport Racing, based in Sandusky, Ohio, is the longest-tenured NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team. The team has competed in the NCWTS since 1996, and enters it’s 22nd consecutive season. In 2017 ThorSport Racing will run the No. 88 Menards Toyota Tundra driven by two-time NCWTS drivers’ champion Matt Crafton, the No. 13 JEGS/RIDE TV Toyota Tundra driven by Cody Coughlin, the No. 27 Toyota Tundra driven by Ben Rhodes, and the No. 98 RIDE TV/Champion Power Equipment/Jive Communications Toyota Tundra driven by Grant Enfinger. For more information visit www.ThorSport.com.
Edgehill Management Group
Director of Public Relations, ThorSport Racing