NCWTS Sonoma Raceway DoorDash 250 Race Preview
Sonoma Raceway Career Stats
– Grant Enfinger will make his first start in any series at Sonoma Raceway on Saturday.
NCWTS Road Course Career Stats
– Canadian Tire Motorsport Park Starts: 3, Best start: 11th, Best finish: 13th (twice)
– Circuit Of The Americas Starts: 2, Best start: 16th, Best finish: 4th (2021), Top 5s: 1, Top 10s: 2
– Daytona Road Course Starts: 1, Best start: 17th, Best finish: 7th (2020), Top 10s: 1
– Watkins Glen Starts: 1, Best start: 30th, Best finish: 38th (2021)
2022 NCWTS Season Stats
– Starts: 11, Best start: 3rd, Best finish: 2nd (Charlotte), Top 5s: 3, Top 10s: 6, Laps led: 19, Current points position: 10th
– About Champion Power Equipment: Since 2003 Champion Power Equipment has earned a reputation for designing and producing the market’s finest power equipment. From our original headquarters in Santa Fe Springs, California, Champion has expanded its North American footprint to include facilities in Jackson, Tennessee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Toronto Canada. Today, Champion’s product line has expanded to include portable generators, home standby generators, inverter generators, engines, winches and log splitters. With over 2.5 million generators sold in North America, Champion is a market leader in the power equipment field. Visit ChampionPowerEquipment.com for more information.
– Chassis History/Info: Grant Enfinger will compete with GMS Racing chassis no. 138 in the DoorDash 250 at Sonoma Raceway. This Chevrolet was built in 2021, and was driven to two top-five finishes on the road course races at Circuit Of The Americas and Watkins Glen International with Sheldon Creed. Enfinger raced this Silverado RST at COTA earlier this season, where he earned his first top-ten finish of the year.
– Playoffs Outlook: Though a crash in the series’ most recent race at World Wide Technology Raceway set Enfinger and the No. 23 Chevy back in points, the team has high hopes for the remaining five races of the regular season at Sonoma, Knoxville, Nashville, Mid-Ohio, and Pocono. Heading into Wine Country, Grant sits in 10th position in the points standings, boasting a 44 point gap to the playoffs cutoff line.
– Driver Appearances: Grant Enfinger will participate in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver autograph session on Friday afternoon underneath the front stretch grandstands at Sonoma. Fans are encouraged to attend to meet their favorite NCWTS drivers from 4:30 PM to 5:15 PM local time.
– GE Quote: “I’m looking forward to getting to Sonoma, which is a track I’ve never been to before. It’s been quite some time since the trucks last raced there, so it will be cool to scratch a new track off my bucket list. The layout is very technical, and there’s some pretty wore out asphalt there, so we should have some tire fall off to make the race interesting. I can’t wait to learn the track and I’m sure Charles will have us a solid Champion Power Equipment Chevrolet, so I look to do my part and have a good day.”